Monday, November 19, 2007

Eric Dill

When The Click Five first started out two years ago, with Eric Dill being the frontman, I was already a fan, not to mention that I had a sneaking suspicion that the band wouldn't last long.

My instincts told me, with just one glance at Eric, that he would go solo someday, and the band might just fall apart. I even pondered if his solo career would turn out well, or would just crash and burn.

But dear instincts, you were only half right.

He did go solo, but his solo career turned out to be better.

His new songs have reflected the more mature side of him, and as the band had said earlier about his leaving, more 'hard rock'. Well, it's not really that hard nor heavy, but it was definitely deeper and darker than Greetings From Imrie House, which was loaded with power pop tracks with an edge of sugar rush.

As for the band, I think Kyle Patrick @ Kyle Dickherber is a fine replacement. His low-pitched vocals has definitely brought the entire band to a different level, making them stronger and frankly, better.

Either way, my support goes out to them both, and I wish them luck.


Hope to hear from Eric soon!

Carmen.

No comments: