Monday, October 29, 2007

The Underdogs

New bands, especially those who receive no recognition from the media and whatnot, are always the underdogs.

And if I have the chance to check them out, I would.

If I have the chance to buy their CDs, I would.

If I can even download their songs online, I would.

I have always been more interested in bands whom many have not heard of, compared to those whose songs have been overplayed (but that doesn't mean I don't listen to bands on the radio at all).

Somehow, living where I am doesn't give you too many a chance to check out these bands. My only resort is to download their songs, and if that fails, then I'm sorry to say that the band can only be left unheard.

Now, you probably don't think the same way, i.e. you probably prefer listening to songs which you can discuss about with your friends, or something everyone else think is cool.

But if you really flow that way, then why are you here? Because no matter what I say, you won't have given any of these bands a chance anyway.

I for one know that I'm not such an influential person, but if I am, then it's a "whoa".

But one should really give these bands a listen, because you never know - there's possibility that they are even better than bands or artistes you hear nowadays.

P.S. I don't have much a thing against bands, more to (sellout) solo artistes who gain fame through songs with mindless lyrics. I'm biased and crude that way.

Carmen.

No comments: